In my search for something – anything to eat I just decided to Google the items I had in my pantry and see what I could come up with… Any man did I hit the jackpot!
With just some Chicken and Tomato’s I found a recipe! The original was good but I made a few alterations to it. Here you go! Enjoy!
Balsamic Tomato Chicken and Pasta
Your taste buds will really enjoy this flavorful, lactose-free pasta dish. Serve with a side of garlic bread and your favorite vegetable.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 18 oz. chicken breast, cut into small pieces (½” square)
- ½ c. onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) of diced tomato
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. tomato paste
- cooking spray
- 3-1/3 c. cooked pasta
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sauté onion and garlic in large skillet for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add raw chicken pieces to large skillet with onions and garlic.
- Cook chicken over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Once chicken is cooked, add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar to the chicken mixture.
- Mix together well and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Toss 1 cup of sauce with 2/3 cup of cooked pasta for each serving.
Serving size: 1 cup of sauce with 2/3 cup of cooked pasta
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
39 g protein
5 g fat
43 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
88 mg cholesterol
748 mg sodium
51 mg calcium
3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
The original recipe came from this address here.